Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's Going On?

Hey All! Sorry I have been slack on keeping up with this thing, but I wanted to let you all know we are still alive!
Adjusting to life with two kids is getting easier now. We got a system going and it seems to be working! Westin is getting big! And when I say big, I mean BIG! HE is four months now and is currently in 12months clothes! No I am not feeding him protein shakes! Steaks yes-- just kidding!
Wes's headaches seem to be subsiding! After many doctor visits and just trying out different meds (that didn't seem to be working) I asked him to try acupuncture. I mean traditional medicine wasn't doing the trick so why not alternative medicine? So after the first time he said he felt 50% better! And he just had his 2nd treatment and seems to be improving! Although this is not covered by insurance (arrgg) it is worth it for him to have quality of life back! And I am sooo glad to have my husband back! YAY! Oh and its good he doesn't feel like crap anymore too!
I am still working out (not as much as I should) but nonetheless still am! Ran two miles yesterday so if I can do that at least 5X a week I should be good!
BB had her bi-annual visit with the rheumy. and tests were ok! I can't really say what all they tested for (mainly because my mom thinks insurance companies look at people's blog and use the info on the page against them!) So I will be cryptic-- please follow/read carefully!
There is a panel of three tests that look for antiphospholipid syndrome. uno (ACL) was affirmative. uno (LA) was inconclusive. we have to go back and get re-tested for the LA. so now we have to talk to the rheumy to see if we need to go to ("a DOCTOR who DRACULA would like!" hint hint-- DRACULA!) just to see if we can get her off the aspirin and taking a more natural alternative like ginko or ginger!
If this is uber-confusing to you and you wish to learn more please feel free to email me!

1 comment:

  1. Love the cryptic message here. It's funny sounding since I've had the full story. :)

    ReplyDelete